We encourage you to submit your recent digital pictures taken in the Minnewaska area. The photos will be used in the rotating, header graphic of the site and/or put in an image gallery for others to view.
We like to post new pictures every week or as often as we can get them.
Submit Your Digital Pictures
- Send us your photos by email to email@example.com.
- Please include a brief description of each picture to be used as a caption, the name of the photographer, a general location, and the date the picture was taken.
- You can also write an article that will be posted to the site with your pictures.
- If you would like to become a regular contributor (photo or articles), you can register to create an free account. This will give you control over drafting, editing and removing any content you submit to the site.
- Submit Your Photo(s)
Suggested Photo Content
Photos can be of anything, as long as they are taken locally.
Here are some things that we like to see, but feel free to be artistic, creative, nostalgic, practical, and submit whatever you think represents the community and our neighbors.
- Outdoor recreation (hunting, fishing, swimming, snowmobiling, biking, etc)
- City life
- Farm life
- Family activities
Pictures Used in the Site's Header Graphic:
The Header image is 945 pixels wide by 200 pixels tall. We will resize and crop your original picture to fit, or you can submit one that is already modified. Images that best work in the header are either panoramic or wide shots.
Example of a Standard Digital Picture, Clipped to Fit the Header
The highlighted area of the below digital camera picture shows about how much of the image will be useable in the header graphic. The useable height will vary depending on how wide the clipped portion is.